Who we are
The National Debt Mediation Association (NDMA) is a registered NPO , whose aim is to contribute to the healthy provision and consumption of credit that is backed up by effective and cost efficient debt relief solutions and remedies for consumers who are experiencing financial hardship. Our Objectives are to:
- To empower consumers with information and advice on managing credit and over indebtedness through the National Responsible Credit Helpline;
- To provide effective debt relief solutions to consumers who are experiencing financial hardship, are behind with their repayments, are under threat of legal action or who have debt related disputes with their credit providers
- To assist employers to implement effective and lasting programs to manage over indebtedness in the workplace;
- To establish partnerships with various organizations, regulators, government and the media to implement joint education and related programs;
- To contribute to changes in policy, legislation and market practices through case analysis and advocacy;
- To subscribe to and practice the values of responsible conduct, fairness, independence, trustworthiness, and empathy.
Our highly qualified and experienced team of debt counselling, mediation and training experts are there to assist you to assess your financial situation and with your consent tailor a suitable solution. If you are struggling to repay your debts, we can assist you with explaining the various legal and voluntary debt management solutions, with the aim of identifying one that suits your particular situation. Not only do we provide help where needed, we also provide self-help tools for consumers to use when assessing their financial situation so that where possible and through proper budgeting and lifestyle changes, they can rehabilitate themselves.
We provide independent solutions that are aimed at assisting you to become debt free or manage your debt properly. We also offer consumers general advice on all credit related matters, which includes referrals to appropriate assistance channels where the NDMA does not have jurisdiction.
To empower individuals to become responsible consumers of credit
To create healthy credit consumers in South Africa through effective and cost efficient debt management and restructuring solutions, with integrity in an innovative, responsible, fair, independent trustworthy and empathetic